Public Speaking Program
Public speaking is a life skill. In order to speak clearly, confidently, and persuasively, young people must practice. This practice will help students ask questions in class, engage with peers, and give presentations. It will help them ace job interviews, and advocate for themselves in the workforce.
Students of the public speaking program will develop these skills in a fun and energetic environment. Through a combination of games, lessons and projects, students will receive personal feedback from our instructors, learn how to organize their ideas and express them clearly and confidently!
Our public speaking program is recommended for students in grade 2-5. Our instructors will group the students based on their age, experience and confidence level.
Unique aspects of our program
- We have very small class sizes of 4-5 students per group.
- Our experienced instructors provide lots of individualized feedback and support in a fun environment.
- These classes are suitable for nervous students hoping to improve their confidence as well as more outgoing students who might be interested in competitions.
What will student learn
Students in the public speaking classes will have the chance to try…
- Impromptu speaking
- Persuasive speaking
- After-dinner speaking
- Interpretive reading
- Informal debating
- How to prepare for speeches and presentations
- How to engage their audience
- and more!